Tuesday August 9, 2011
Searching on LinkedIn
Looking for Mr. GoodLink on Tonight's LinkedInChat
One of the biggest complaint’s I hear from people about LinkedIn is that they can’t actually find who they are looking for. Well we are here to help! You don't want to waste your time bumping in the vast noisy space of LinkedIn - meeting the wrong people - making the wrong connections. You need the right tools and techniques to find Mr. or Mrs. GoodLink - the right person at the right time for your needs: (Client, Vendor, Partner, Employee, Reference, Employer, etc)
LinkedIn Search Interview:
First of all, listen to this short interview I did yesterday with Michele Price - @ProsperityGal on Twitter. She was voicing her own frustrations with LinkedIn and its search tools. Hopefully I answered all her questions and there eight be some useful advice in there for you to! We covered:
- Advanced Search
- Searching through Companies
- Searching through Groups (and "Reverse Engineering")
- Different ways of connecting: Invitations, Introductions, Messages
And then join our LinkedInChat to answer – and learn from the questions below:
- Q1) Do you ever have problems finding the right contact on LinkedIn?
- Q2) Do you ever have problems connecting to that person when you find them.
- Q3) What are some of the barriers – that you have discovered – to a good search result?
- Q4) What are some ways you have found to circumvent these barriers?
- Q5) What do you think good connection etiquette entails?
- Q6) Once you are connected to someone – how many is too many messages to them?
- Q7) What do you consider spam?
- Q8) Do you have any final best connection practices to impart?
Hour long interview with Michele: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/womeninbusinessradio-blog/id418094084
Do I need a paid account? http://linkedintobusiness.com/2011/04/to-pay-or-not-to-pay-that-is-the-question
Connecting on LinkedIn: http://linkedintobusiness.com/2010/08/what-are-best-practices-for-connecting-on-linkedin/
LinkedIn LinkChat Group: http://linkd.in/LinkedInChatGroup
More on LinkedInChat:
When: Every Tuesday night at 5pm PST, 6 MST, 7 CST and 8 EST
Where: Twitter.com, Tweetchat.com, Tweetdeck.com (Choose your preferred Twitter chat service)
Topic: All things LinkedIn – what you like, what you hate, useful strategies, favorite apps
Join our LinkedInChat group on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/LinkedInChatGroup