Tuesday December 11, 2012
Spotlight your groups on your Company Page
Featured Groups on Linkedin
Looks like LinkedIn is at it again! This time helping us to "drive member growth and deepen engagement by highlighting groups on your Company Page. LinkedIn is really making an effort to make their Company profiles more engaging and exciting.
I was kind of bummed when they took away our ability to add our blog feeds automatically to our profiles, although targeted updates and update statistics more than made up for it. Now we have a new feature to add to our company page: Featured Groups.
Previously LinkedIn had plugged the groups it thought were relevant into this section - but now you get to choose.
You only get to add three groups, and you must be a member of the group - or even better, own or manage the group. You can see the groups I own (LinkChat) manage (WSA) and moderate (LinkedStrategies) in the screenshot below. While its just a logo right now - I expect to see more from this section in the future.
Here are LinkedIn's directions foradding your featured groups. It takes just a minute to set up.
Adding Featured Groups
- Go to your Company Page (you have to have a company page. If you don't, read this post)
- Click the blue "Edit" button at the top of this page.
- Scroll down to the "Featured Groups" section. (This will be under the company description and specialties.)
- Start typing the name of the group you'd like to promote. (You can only add three although you can change them up as often as you want)
- Click the "Publish" button on the top right when you are finished.
Note: You must be a group manager or member to promote the selected group on your page.
Tip: Encourage your group members to follow your Company Page so they can get the latest company news right on their homepage!