Saturday April 9, 2011
Join us on the #SMManners chat Tuesday night!
Every Tuesday night at 10 PM EST @DabneyPorte hosts the #SMManners chat. What is it about? Well – manners – tips – best practices on social media. Dabney asked me to be a guest on her chat (mine’s at 8 PM EST #LinkedInChat) and I said yes right away! The amazing thing about 140 characters is that you can really get to know – and like a person – without ever meeting them. And Dabney’s on of my favorite diva’s!
So join us! I like using www.tweetchat.com and the hashtag with be #SMManners - but you can use whichever service you prefer.
But wait, you ask. What will you be talking about? Well LinkedIn of course! The red-headed step child of social media. (Hey – Prince Harry is a red head and he’s way cuter than Andrew.) And we can't forget the dynamic @RedHeadWriting who has changed the image of red heads forever!
Here’s the thing – LinkedIn get’s ignored in the flash and glory of its social media brethren, Facebook and Twitter. But it’s still a viable tool, and if you are going to use it, there are some things you need to know. Some questions we will answer are:
- Should you do things differently on LinkedIn then you do on Twitter and Facebook?
- Should you connect to people you don’t know?
- How many connections are too many connections?
- Should you feed your tweetstream into LinkedIn?
- Should you send a message to a complete stranger on LinkedIn?
- What is good group etiquette?
- Do people know if you unconnect from them?
- What makes a good profile?
- What are some good LinkedIn tips?
Plus any question you have that I can answer! (Please feel free to leave any questions you want answered in the comments section below.)
I hope to see you at both the #LinkedInChat and the #SMManners chat on Tuesday night!